8.03.2007

Autophobia

before
during
after

Sorry to say this is what Lucia looks like on a typical car ride. She hates it! Perhaps she is going to be a green pioneer of her generation, encouraging people to walk or take the bus? Well it's already working on me. Since that is really to only time she screams and cries (thankfully!) it is quite nerve wracking to hear. I've tried putting a mirror and a brightly patterned fabric for her to look at. Anyone have any other ideas? I've heard from other parents of anti-car babies that is wears off with time. Until then it's life in the slow lane for us I suppose.

3 comments:

Kozy-D said...

Poor little Lulu!
I asked around and here's what people recommend:

1. Tune the radio to an AM station tha doesn't come in well. Bebes like static sometimes.

2. Open the windows if it's not too cold - the sound of the air can soothe them too.

3. Give her gas medicine (simethicone drops) about 10 minutes before getting in the car. I know this sounds weird but a lot of people recomended this one.

Hope this helps!

Unknown said...

No suggestions, just a story: a friend's baby would only sleep in the car, so driving him around was the only peace they had. Then they discovered the dryer, and that the baby would sleep on the dryer. Maybe there's a dryer cross-training in your future?

Unknown said...

So, she would probably enjoy walking