7.31.2007

Flashback to the Birth Day


Lucia Rose Laz was born June 5, 2007 at 7:23 pm. She weighed 8lbs. 11oz and measured 22 inches (which changed to 20.5 inches after her head returned to a normal shape). I'm so happy to say that she was healthy and spirited from the get go.
I went into labor around 7:00 the night of June 4th during a small dinner party at home with Marisha Danny, Carl and Ta Wei. Perhaps it was something in the spices of Ta Wei's cooking... Around midnight Marisha, Danny and I decided to make the trip over the bay bridge to the hospital in Berkeley. Michael and Meredith chipped in by having Niko for a sleep over. It was a beautiful night, the roads were clear, thre was a light mist falling and the song Thank You by Led Zeppelin was playing on the radio. During the next 24 hours I was supported by my wonderful crew of Danny, Marisha, Chelsa and my doula Gia. Long story short the labor was long and painful until the epidural around 6:00 am, and then the pushing was long and painful (almost four hours!). But everything went relatively smoothly and at last she emerged in all her glory. I know everyone says this but it truly was the most amazing moment of my life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi! gabrielita, we are dying to go back and see precious lucia she is the most beautifull baby. we love to see her laugh. we keep checking for more pictures almost daily, thank god for giving you such a blessing. see you soon. lots of kisses. fausto.