6.06.2009

Happy 2nd Birthday!

Two whole years have gone by since Lucia has graced us with her presence. That's really not that long but it has been a very full 2 years.I have to say the birthday stirred up some emotion for me. I think I'm still in shock sometimes from the huge change parenthood has brought to my life and I found myself up much of the night thinking back on the last two years. Thinking of how hard it's been (sorry - I know no one admits to that) but also stricken by the mighty wonder of just how proud I am of her. Everyday Lucia's personality and vision grows more vibrant and complex. She is just bursting with strength, humor and sensitivity, quite a sight to behold. Thanks to everyone who sent birthday wishes and love. Lucia's fan club is amazing and I know she's going to be a friend to many in the years to come.
Here we are waking up, she started singing happy birthday to herself right away.
First present being opened.
It's a candle! (For those of you who don't know, she's slightly obsessed with candles. Photos of the proud collection coming up soon.

1 comment:

Kozy-D said...

I love the bed-head pic where she's opening a gift. The one of the both of you is totally precious too! <3